Breaking News: Rangers Come To Terms With Jesper Fast

The New York Rangers announced that they have come to terms with their 2010 sixth round pick, Jesper Fast. Fast played the last two season in the Swedish Elite League, where he was the leading scorer, before going to with a terrible ankle injury. In 21 games, Fast tallied up a total of five goals, along with 11 assists, with a total of 16 points.

Fast currently has two years left on his SEL contract, but the Rangers needed to sign him before the end of June, in order to retain his rights. Fast is expected to join the Rangers organization now that he is under contract with them. Here is a short little excerpt from Eliteprospects about Jesper Fast.

"Fasth is a very good skater with nice acceleration and top speed. He works very hard, forechecks with impressive intensity and also create a lot of offense thanks to his agility and speed. Has decent hockey sense, technical skills and scoring ability, but it perhaps still more likely to develop into a role player. Is not an overly physical player, but likes to play through rough traffic and does it pretty well."

Note: A lot of people have been pointing out that I spelled Fast without an H. He now officially goes by Jesper Fast, and dropped the H off of his name completely.