FanPost

Nicklas Lidstrom retirement?

Story Here

From Detroit's SB Nation, the Red Wings have called a press conference tomorrow at 11am, only saying it will involve Ken Holland and Nick Lidstrom. Naturally, that's got a ton of rumors going about whether or not Lidstrom will finally be retiring at 42. Last season, he handled these rumors over the phone, and announced he'd be returning for this past season.

Seems to me that holding a presser is too much to say "yes I'm coming back", especially when he did this over the phone last time. Lidstrom is 42 years old.

My question for a bit of debate and list-making is, if Lidstrom does call it a career, where do you rank him all-time amongst defensemen? Personally, my top 5:

1. Bobby Orr

2. Nick Lidstrom

3. Ray Bourque

4. Doug Harvey

5. Red Kelly

Best of the Rest: Denis (Potvin Sucks), Larry Robinson, Scott Niedermayer, Frank Mahovlich, Brian Leetch.

What do you all think?