FanPost

Rangers Have Gotten Over The Hump

I know the playoffs are still going on but I feel like this has to be said. The Rangers have finally built a team that can win. There are no more stop gap players on this roster. No more Christensens, Wolskis, Antropovs, Lisins, and Zherdevs on this team.

This is what it is. People may point to guys like Richards and Gaborik coming in as mercenaries but no team that's won the cup hasn't had a little help from trades and free agency. The Rangers have a huge core of players on this team, and they aren't a "fringe" team anymore.

Even if this playoffs end poorly, I will still be very excited for the future. Look at Kreider coming in and doing what he's doing, and the rest of the boys doing what it takes to win. This is very exciting stuff just watching this team grow.