2012 NHL Playoffs: Brad 'Mr. Clutch' Richards Is Really Earning His Paycheck

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 29: Brad Richards #19 of the New York Rangers celebrates his second period goal against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Madison Square Garden on November 29, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)

When the New York Rangers signed Brad Richards back on July 1st, many fans were skeptical of his arrival. The Rangers were known for digging into their pockets to land highly talented free agents, only to find them losing their touch on Broadway (Gomez and Drury). However, this time around, the Rangers really have found a clutch performer that knows what it takes to win, and has been there.

Brad definitely had some ups and downs for the Rangers during his first season on Broadway, but it was definitely worth it in the end. Richards came away with nine (NINE!) game winning goals during the regular season. That's an 18 point advantage he gave the Rangers just by netting game winners alone. That's a pretty hefty advantage if you ask me.

As we all witnessed last night, when it comes down to crunch time, Brad Richards answers the call. He has been clutch way more then once for the Rangers during the year, and he showed it once again last night. This guy has what it takes to get to the next level, and can get it done at a moments notice.

What are your thoughts on all of this?