Rangers News: Marian Gaborik Has a Torn Rotator Cuff

Well... this explains a lot. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

Star New York Rangers winger Marian Gaborik, who many people suspected was playing hurt or injured in the 2012 NHL Playoffs, will be out months due to a torn rotator cuff. Reports from a Slovakian Newspaper indicate that he could be out up to six months recovering from the surgery. Unfortunately, this means that Gaborik will almost certainly miss the beginning of the 2012-2013 season.

Marian Gaborik will need surgery on rotator cuff...

Gaborik will undergo surgery next week upon returning to NY from Slovakia...had MRI on Tuesday...

Join me for more after the jump...

Gaborik claimed that he has been playing through the injury for two months and was only able to play through the pain because of "drugs and injections". Obviously this is not Gaborik's first injury and it is not the first major shoulder injury he has had. As of yet there is no word on which shoulder it is.

We'll update this article and bring more news to you as it comes.