FanPost

Marian Gaborik - rotator cuff surgery (possibly out six months)

So everyone screaming about how Marian Gaborik didn't show up for the playoffs and needs to be traded, etc., pay attention: rumors swirling that he will need surgery to repair a rotator cuff and miss training camp and likely the first couple of months of the season.

Details after the jump.

Via Puck Daddy (via a slovak newspaper):

A few days have passed, and Slovak newspaper SME reports that Gaborik revealed he needs rotator cuff surgery that could cost him up to six months. He said at a press conference that he played through the injury for two months; and that "drugs and injections" allowed him to manage the pain but that the injury limited his effectiveness.

The link to the Slovak paper here.

Well. Torn rotator cuff. The fact he was playing at all is pretty amazing and should (but probably won't) squash the injury prone soft talk. I've never been a huge fan of the guy but most of you guys probably call out sick to work when you have an ingrown nail.

Running the link through Google translate:

Gaborik is awaiting shoulder surgery and a long pause

Marian Gaborik joined this season for the New York Rangers in the regular meetings of all 82 and has not missed one in 20 playoff duels.

TRENČÍN . Hockey forward Marian Gaborik play out the season with self-denial and the next week on Wednesday in New York to undergo surgery right shoulder.

Trenčan was already injured at the end of the base part, one of the fights in the first round of the playoffs with Ottawa, he has been exacerbated, and played only through injections and medicines. On Thursday, arrived in Slovakia on Tuesday, returning overseas.

"Magnetic resonance imaging revealed that I have a torn shoulder capsule and rotator. Awaiting the operation, after which I play out about 5-6 months. Last two months I played with injury and it was not easy. Drugs and injections although my dampened pain, but missed me more strength. I believe that convalescence and rehabilitation go as it should. do not know if he can start next year, everything will depend on whether or not lockout, "he said at a press conference in Trencin Marian Gaborik.

In the past, had several health problems and in three of the last five seasons always left at least 20 games.

Iowa pupil joined this season for the New York Rangers in the regular meetings of all 82 and has not missed one of the 20 duels knockout stage.