Rangers News: Mats Zuccarello Bids Farewell To Fans. Off To The KHL?

Was hoping we'd get to see a lot more of this. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

According to his twitter page, talented, diminutive Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello has played his last game as a New York Ranger.

Nyr fans!! its been amazing playing in front of u guys! Thanks! . Im gonna miss u! Ur the best! Thanks rangers 4 2 good years.

To all my teammates!Just go about ur business and GET ACROSS!! <3 u all and good luck in the future!

Join me for more after the jump...

It appears Rangers RFA Mats Zuccarello will play in KHL or elsewhere, according to a tweet, in which he thanks NY fans and bids farewell.

It looks like Mats Zuccarello has signed a two year deal with KHL club Metallurg Magnitogorsk (not official yet). Mats Zuccarello was an RFA and looked like he might return to the Rangers to play next year but he expressed displeasure in the amount of playing time he was getting and he has decided to move on to the KHL.

The Rangers are losing some noteworthy scoring depth and a player that had a lot of potential to be a top-six forward in the NHL, despite his small stature. The Rangers are going to be hard-pressed to find a replacement for a player that was once the MVP of the SEL league and was valuable in the shootout and on the powerplay.

We'll update you with any news and developments as they come.