Samsung Favorite Sports Moment: Brad Richards Edition

Samsung asked all SB Nation bloggers what their favorite sports memory is. As I sat down to think about it, it became increasingly apparent that my moment would come from this season.

I'm too young to truly remember 1994, and this was the first season the New York Rangers made the Eastern Conference Finals since I was nine. And once I realized that, the choice was obvious: Game 5 against the Washington Capitals.

Just think about the moment. The Rangers are 20 seconds away from dropping another Game 5 at home, a game which they dominated. Then Marian Gaborik slides the puck to Michael Del Zotto who puts the puck on net where Ryan Callahan bangs away until Brad Richards slips it into the back of the net to tie the game with 5 seconds remaining. Boom.

This moment might take the cake because I was at the Garden, felt the pent up emotions from a single goal on 35 shots (while the Capitals scored two goals on 18 shots). Of course, none of this would have meant anything if Marc Staal doesn't hit the twine in overtime. Either way, that was my favorite sports moment.

What was yours?