2012 NHL Offseason: New York Rangers Qualify Three Players

March 1, 2012; Raleigh, NC, USA; New York Rangers defensemen Anton Stralman (32) takes a slap shot during the second period against the Carolina Hurricanes at the RBC center. The Rangers defeated the Hurricanes, 3-2. Mandatory Credit: James Guillory-US PRESSWIRE

Lost in all the Draft coverage, Rick Nash rumors and Zach Parise dreaming. The Rangers have had their own RFAs to take care of. Well, as Katie Strang of ESPN points out, Glen Sather and the New York Rangers have taken the first step in doing just that.

Rangers have extended qualifying offers to restricted free agents Zuccarello, Stralman, and Del Zotto

While Mats Zuccarello signed his KHL deal a couple of weeks ago, the Rangers still control his rights and thus qualified him so they didn't lose him in free agency. It's also a good sign to see the Rangers wanting to bring Anton Stralman back by offering to qualify him.

The interesting one to me is Michael Del Zotto. A player that has been thrown around in a lot of trade rumors getting qualified could be a sign of faith in the player to show that he won't be traded. Either way this is some encouraging news on the Rangers RFA front.

Thoughts guys?