2012 NHL Awards: Open Thread

LAS VEGAS, NV - JUNE 19: The NHL hardware that will be awarded Wednesday evening was on display during the NHL Awards nominee media availability at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort on June 19, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Tonight marks the moment where the top nominees from around the league gather, for their chance to bring home some hardware. The awards show in Las Vegas, NV, will officially put a close to the 2011-2012 season, shortly after the Los Angeles Kings defeated the New Jersey Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals. The New York Rangers will be represented in four different award categories which will be listed below.

Jack Adams Award (Coach of the Year):

- John Tortorella (NYR) - (51-24-7) - 1st in Atlantic Division - 1st in Eastern Conference
- Ken Hitchcock (STL) - (49-22-11) - 1st in Central Division - 2nd in Western Conference
- Paul MacLean (OTT) - (41-31-10) - 2nd in Northeast Division - 8th in Eastern Conference

Hart Trophy (League MVP):

- Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) - (39-18-5) - 1.97 GAA - .930 SV% - 8 shutouts
- Evgeni Malkin (PIT) - 75 GP - 50 Goals - 59 Assists - 109 Points
- Steven Stamkos (TB) - 82 GP - 60 Goals - 37 Points - 97 Points

Vezina Trophy (Top Goaltender):

- Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) - (39-18-5) - 1.97 GAA - .930 SV% - 8 Shutouts
- Jonathan Quick (LA) - (35-21-13) - 1.95 GAA - .929 SV% - 10 Shutouts
- Pekka Rinne (NSH) - (43-18-8) - 2.39 GAA - .923 SV% - 5 Shutouts

Mark Messier Leadership Award (Best Leadership): **Mark Messier hand picks this award himself

- Ryan Callahan (NYR)
- Dustin Brown (LA)
- Shane Doan (PHX)