2012 NHL Awards: Recapping The NHL Awards Show

LAS VEGAS, NV - JUNE 19: Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers speaks with the press at the NHL Awards nominee media availability at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort on June 19, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The 2011-2012 season officially came to end tonight with the NHL Awards ceremony in Las Vegas, NV. Several of the New York Rangers were nominated for various awards tonight, but they were only fortunate enough to come away with one of them.

Head coach, John Tortorella was nominated for Jack Adams award, Lundqvist was nominated for the Vezina, Hart, and Ted Lindsey awards. While Rangers captain, Ryan Callahan was nominated for the Mark Messier Leadership Award. Henrik Lundqvist came away with the Vezina Trophy, beating out both Jonathan Quick and Pekka Rinne for the league's top goaltender.

EA Sports also released their cover athlete tonight, who will appear on the cover of NHL 13. Claude was named this year's cover boy, after beating out Nashville Predators goaltender, Pekka Rinne. Finally we have Evgeni Malkin who took home some hefty hardware tonight, winning the Ted Lindsey Award, Hart Trophy, and Art Ross Trophy.

Follow after the jump for all of the award winners

2012 NHL Award Recipients
Norris Trophy: Erik Karlsson (OTT)
Ted Lindsay Award: Evgeni Malkin (PIT)
Jack Adams Award: Ken Hitchcock (STL)
Calder Memorial Trophy: Gabriel Landeskog (COL)
Frank J. Selke Trophy: Patrice Bergeron (BOS)
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy: Max Pacioretty (MTL)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Brian Campbell (FLA)
Vezina Trophy: Henrik Lundqvist (NYR)
Hart Trophy: Evgeni Malkin (PIT)
William M. Jennings Trophy: Brian Elliott & Jaroslav Halak (STL)
Maurice Richard Trophy: Steven Stamkos (TB)
Art Ross Trophy: Evgeni Malkin (PIT)
Additional Award Recipients
General Manager Of The Year: Doug Armstrong (STL)
NHL 13 Cover Athlete: Claude Giroux (PHI)
King Clancy Memorial Trophy: Daniel Alfredsson (OTT)
NHL Foundation Award: Mike Fisher (NSH)
Mark Messier Leadership Award: Shane Doan (PHX)
SB Nation Featured Video