New York Rangers 2012-13 Schedule Released: Season To Open Oct. 12

OTTAWA, CANADA - APRIL 23: Zenon Konopka #28 of the Ottawa Senators wins a faceoff against Brad Richards #19 of the New York Rangers in Game Six of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Scotiabank Place on April 23, 2012 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The Rangers defeated the Senators 3-2. (Photo by Richard Wolowicz/Getty Images)

The National Hockey League officially released the 2012-2013 schedule, where the New York Rangers will open up on October 12th, against the Los Angeles Kings. For the Kings, they will be raising their Stanley Cup banner to the rafters with the Rangers in the building, and it should set the tone for an interesting start to the season.

With European games cancelled due to the upcoming CBA negotiations, the Rangers will be opening up the season with an eight game road trip. The Rangers will start out on the West coast, playing the Kings and Sharks, before heading back, to take a trip down the East Coast. The Rangers will finish off their eight game road trip with a game in Ottawa, before heading back to Madison Square Garden where they will open their home stand against the Dallas Stars, on November 1st.

To close out their season, the Rangers will take a trip to Buffalo to faceoff against the Sabres, and they will conclude the 12-13' season on April 13th, against Atlantic Division Rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers. Hopefully we'll have no season-deciding shootouts this time around..

To view the Rangers schedule in full, click here. To view the full NHL schedule, click here.