2012 NHL Entry Draft: Montreal Canadiens Select Alex Galchenyuk With Third Overall Pick

June 21, 2012; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Alex Galchenyuk (left) is interviewed by fellow prospect Nail Yakupov (right) during the top prospects press conference in preparation for the 2012 NHL Draft on board the Gateway Clipper Fleet. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-US PRESSWIRE

With the third overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadiens have selected Alex Galchenyuk from the Sarina Sting. Galchenyuk was ranked fourth among all North American skaters and has immense talent that can help the Montreal Canadiens. He was second overall in rookie scoring last season with the Sarnia Sting, behind his teammate, and first overall draft pick Nail Yakupov.

Galchenyuk also suffered from a torn ACL most of last season, and that injury could be concerning down the road for the Canadiens. When matured, Galchenyuk is expected to become a solid two-way forward who can scored a handful of goals. According to scouts, Galchenyuk has more of a complete game in terms of skill and has the highest upside. The Canadiens definitely made the right pick.

The Dallas Stars have also dealt forward Mike Ribeiro to the Washington Capitals in exchange for Cody Eakin and a 2012 second round draft pick.