2012 NHL Entry Draft: New York Rangers Will Most Likely Look For Offense In Later Rounds

PITTSBURGH, PA - JUNE 22: Brady Skjei, 28th overall pick by the New York Rangers, puts a jersey on on stage during Round One of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft at Consol Energy Center on June 22, 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers made Brady Skjei their first-round pick when they selected him 28th overall Friday night in the first day of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. And with that selection, it would seem that the Rangers will be looking for offense in the second and third round of the draft.

Some big names are still on the board for the Rangers to take a look at. Guys like Martin Frk, Anton Slepyshev and Phillip DiGiuseppe are all still on the board. In order to cash in on any of those players, however, the Rangers will most likely need to trade up -- something they haven't been opposed to doing in the later rounds of the draft.

They all have their drawbacks of course. Slepyshev supposedly has attitude issues, some scouts aren't sure in DiGiuseppe's skill set will translate to the next level and Frk has been accused of having motivational issues in the past. Still, these kids are just that, kids, and many prospects develop their game and work on their flaws once their drafted. And since the Rangers took yet another heady, character pick in this draft (something Gordie Clark is very fond of doing) they can branch out a little when they hit the second round.

The question is, will the Rangers be willing to trade up for some scoring talent? Or will they sit at 59 and see who falls into their lap?

What are your thoughts on this guys?