With the 119th Pick In The 2012 NHL Entry Draft The New York Rangers Select Calle Andersson

Enjoy a smiling Brady Skjei

With their 4th and last pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft the New York Rangers selected Calle Andersson of Sweden. Standing at 6'2 211lbs Andersson is a big, puck handling D-Man who can run an offense from the blue line while not being the greatest in his own end Calle can handle his own when it comes to the defensive side of the puck.

35. Calle Andersson , Defense, Farjestad- J20 SuperElit

Andersson has been impressive this year, as a player with pro-average size and good puck-moving skills will always turn heads. Andersson is the kind of player who just looks comfortable with the puck and being the starting point of offense for his team. He has good puck skills to combine with a nice calmness and fluidity when he's holding it along the offensive blue line or bringing it up the ice. Calle is an impressive passer, as the puck comes off his stick crisply when he's moving it, in the mold of an offensive puck possession defender. While his assets are his puck-moving skills, he also has some aggressiveness to his game as he will join the rush and activate from the blue line. Andersson has solid size, with a good muscle mass for his age, but while he does engage, I wouldn't say he's overly physical. He's about average in his own end which still gives him notable value considering his talent level and I'm not leaning in any particular direction on his d-zone work. The only real area of concern I have for Andersson is his skating, which is below average. He doesn't labor through his motions, but just doesn't stand out in any particular aspect. Overall, he's a pretty well-rounded player and could be a real find.

From Corey Pronman's Top 100 NHL Draft Prospects.

Basically, Calle looks to be another solid, albeit safe, two way defensive pick that Gordie and his staff is adding to their arsenal of big defensemen. Now they should start turning their attention to the forward corps.

Thoughts guys?