2012 NHL Entry Draft: Rangers Trade With Predators For Fifth Round Pick; Select Thomas Spelling

Again, no pictures of Spelling so enjoy another one of Brady Skjei! (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

After the New York Rangers selected what was thought to be their final pick in the fourth round, the Rangers swung a deal with the Nashville Predators once again. The Predators swapped picks with the Rangers again, giving them a fifth round pick this year, while Nashville will get the Rangers fifth-round pick in next year's draft.

With the pick, the Rangers selected Thomas Spelling out of Herning, Denmark. Last season with Herning, Spelling had some decent numbers where he put up 21 goals, 16 assists for a total of 37 points in 33 total games. Spelling stands tall at 6-foot-1, 176 pounds. The Rangers got away from their trend of draft skilled skaters, and went with a sizable player.

Spelling was third in scoring for Denmark during the World Junior Championships, and is on his second go-around for the NHL Draft. He is also committed to playing with Rogle in the Swedish Elite League next season.