FanPost

Avery vs. Prust

Okay, please explain this to me because I seriously do not understand how Prust wanting 2.2mill, a player who is disciplined, agitates, is a decent two-way forward, is excellent on the PK including being one of the leading SH scorers last season, and fights-REALLY WELL, doesn't deserve $2.2 mill versus someone like Sean Avery who got over 3 million, or Boogaard who got 1.6 and literally had one marketable skill.

Not even countering his offer with 2mill really makes me question the direction we're headed in the off-season because Brandon Prust exemplified what I thought was finally our team identity for the future. I think this sends a terrible message to the rest of the team, and I suspect, Tortorella is screaming the same thing into Sather's ear.