FanPost

Patience is a Virtue; And may be a reality

So I've been on the Nash, Parise, Ryan, goal scorer bandwagon. But here's a real possibility: The Rangers do nothing. So where would that put us? Here it is, give or take (assuming Gaby is healthy and plays most of the season):

Haggy (12 goals) - BR (25 goals) - Gaby (30 goals); Kreider (22 goals) - Stepan (15 goals) - Cally (25 goals); Dubi (15 goals) - Boyle (12 goals) - AA (15 goals); Feds/Wellman (8 goals) - Mitchell/Whomever (5 goals) - Rupp (5 goals).

Girardi (5 goals) - McD (8 goals); MDZ (12 goals) - Staal (5 goals); Stralman (7 goals) - Erixon (5 goals).

That's 189 projected goals by the forwards and 42 projected goals by the D or 231 total. That's 5 more than this past season. I think these are fairly reasonable and attainable goal projections. I feel that Gaby will not score 40 again and that Kreider along with improved goal scoring by existing "core" will result in a slight overall increase.

So, are you happy with this if this indeed happens? And can we contend next season based on potential improvements of our rivals? This is worst case scenario for us (meaning the make up of the roster) after all is said and done, IMO. Now this would be preaching patience (right Moshe?) if this happened, lol.