New York Rangers Prospect Development Camp Set To Open June 25th

PITTSBURGH, PA - JUNE 23: Cristoval Nieves, 59th overall pick by the New York Rangers, poses for a portrait during Day Two of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft at Consol Energy Center on June 23, 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers announced this evening that the 2012 Prospect Development Camp will start this Monday, June 25th, and run through Friday, June 29th. The camp will feature top prospects from previous drafts such as, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas, Jesper Fast, and Dylan McIlrath. Also attending the camp will be 2012 draftees, Brady Skjei, Cristoval "Boo" Nieves, and Calle Anderson.

The camp will open up with grueling "John Tortorella skate" conditioning exercises, followed by on-ice activities starting on Tuesday, and running right through until the conclusion on Friday. The Rangers follow this same schedule when opening up training camp, so it's ideal to prepare the prospects for the road ahead.

The roster will include 16 skaters which were drafted by the Rangers and are currently in the system, in addition to 15 outside invitees. Don't count out the additional invitees though, as just last year, Michael St. Croix earned himself a contract with the Connecticut Whale, by attending the developmental camp as an outsider.

Follow after the jump for the full developmental camp roster.

2012 New York Rangers Prospect Development Camp Roster
Player POS. HT WT DOB 2011-12 Team (League)
Calle Andersson D 6-2 211 5/16/94 Karlstad Jr. (Sweden U-20)
Peter Ceresnak D 6-3 209 1/26/93 Peterborough (OHL)
Jesper Fast RW 5-11 176 12/22/91 Jonkoping HV-71 (Sweden)
Marek Hrivik LW 6-1 197 8/28/91 Moncton (QMJHL), Connecticut (AHL)
Oscar Lindberg C 6-0 190 10/29/91 Skelleftea (Sweden)
Shane McColgan RW 5-9 165 1/1/93 Kelowna (WHL), Connecticut (AHL)
Dylan McIlrath D 6-5 220 4/20/92 Moose Jaw (WHL), Connecticut (AHL)
J.T. Miller C/LW 6-2 200 3/14/93 Plymouth (OHL), Connecticut (AHL)
Jason Missiaen G 6-8 198 4/25/90 Greenville (ECHL)
Cristoval "Boo" Nieves C 6-2 192 1/23/94 Kent School (Prep), Indiana (USHL)
Samuel Noreau D 6-5 215 1/31/93 Baie-Comeau (QMJHL)
Michael St. Croix C 5-11 181 4/10/93 Edmonton (WHL)
Brady Skjei D 6-3 200 3/26/94 U.S. Under-18 Team
Scott Stajcer G 6-3 195 6/14/91 Owen Sound (OHL)
Christian Thomas RW 5-9 170 5/26/92 Oshawa (OHL), Connecticut (AHL)
Andrew Yogan C 6-3 201 12/4/91 Peterborough (OHL), Connecticut (AHL)

OTHER INVITEES:

Player POS. 2011-12 Team (League)
Andy Bathgate C Plymouth (OHL)
Myles Bell D Kelowna (WHL)
Brandon Devlin D Windsor-Barrie (OHL)
Luke Esposito C Brunswick School (Conn. Prep)
Ben Foster C Choate (Conn. Prep)
Dane Fox C Erie-London (OHL)
Igor Golovko D Chekhov (KHL)
Barclay Goodrow LW Brampton (OHL)
Troy Grosenick G Union College (ECAC)
Gabe Grunwald G Michigan-Kenai River (NAHL)
Kyle Hope D Owen Sound-Oshawa (OHL)
Kyle Jean F Lake Superior (CCHA)
Tomas Klima F Karlovy Vary (Czech Extraliga)
Alex Rauter LW Choate (Conn. Prep)
Nikita Zaytsev D Novosibirsk (KHL)

*** Roster and tables are courtesy of the New York Rangers official website.