New York Rangers Rumors: Rangers Interested In Alexander Radulov

April 20, 2012; Nashville, TN, USA; Nashville Predators right wing Alexander Radulov (47) reacts to a Predators goal against the Detroit Red Wings during the third period in game five of the 2012 Western Conference quarterfinals at Bridgestone Arena. The Predators beat the Red Wings 2-1. Mandatory Credit: Don McPeak-US PRESSWIRE

Just 48 hours after news broke that Marian Gaborik would miss up to six months with a torn rotator cuff, the New York Rangers began to search for a secondary scorer. According to the New York Post, the Rangers have been in contact with the Nashville Predators about acquiring the rights of Alexander Radulov, and according to Brooks, this is more then just "kicking the tires".

"The degree to which these discussions between Sather and Poile have advanced is unknown, but The Post has learned this is more than the GM "kicking the tires." The Blueshirts, of course, would have to be given a window in which to conduct contract negotiations with Radulov before agreeing to trade for his rights."

- Larry Brooks (NY Post)

However, Radulov currently has a monster contract offer on the table from CKSA Moscow, which may entice him to go back to the KHL. Radulov played his last four seasons with Salavat Yelaev Ufa, before returning to the Predators. While many believe Radulov will run back to the KHL, it has been said that he would like to continue his career at the NHL level.

Follow after the jump for more.

Radulov is currently a Restricted Free Agent, which means the Rangers will have to give up some assets, in order to acquire his rights. As Brooks notes though, Predators GM David Poile may not "play hardball" as they could up end losing him to the KHL, so the price may be significantly lower.

Alex Radulov may not fit the bill as a hard-nosed forward, but the 6-foot-1, 190-pound sniper has immense talent and is tough to knock off the puck. We will see how all of this plays out in the coming weeks, and right now it's looking very interesting.