2012 NHL Rumors: Free Agency Open Thread

ANAHEIM, CA - OCTOBER 23: Ryan Getzlaf #15 of the Anaheim Ducks celebrates his goal for a 2-1 lead over the Phoenix Coyotes with Lubomir Visnovsky #17 and Bobby Ryan #9 during the first period at Honda Center on October 23, 2011 in Anaheim, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers avoided any trades, didn't get Justin Schultz, took care of their backup goalie problem by re-signing Martin Biron and are going into July 1st with an open wallet. Glen Sather has already told the media he expects the Rangers to be "active" in the free agency market, and apparently Zach Parise will be one of the players the Rangers target.

Ryan Suter is also on that list, but it's unlikely he wants to come out East. Still, there are options on the table, and since there were tons of rumors floating around yesterday it should make today interesting.

Free agency doesn't officially open until Noon today (EST), but that won't stop the trade and signing rumors from flying around. It was speculated that the Rangers were waiting for Schultz to make his decision before they looked into any trades, and since the organization now knows he isn't coming they can move on.

So what do you guys think is going to happen?