FanPost

USA vs. Canada

This is my attempt to reverse the talent dilution that plagues this 30 team league and renew an intercontinental rivalry.

Hockey is not basketball. You can't plant a franchise anywhere with plumbing and a municipal building, then expect the people there to care about it. So this is creating two leagues. One that involves great teams playing in cities that love hockey, and one that involves good teams playing in cities that like hockey when their team is a front runner.

The following teams will be a new league called the USHL

(A league in between the AHL and the NHL that is extremely competitive and fun to watch)

USHL West

Phoenix
San Jose
Colorado
San Jose
LA
Dallas

Anaheim

USHL EAST
New Jersey
St. Louis
NYI
TB
Florida

Columbus

Buffalo

--Move Carolina to Quebec.

Two Divisions of the North American Hockey League (NAHL)

Each division has 8 teams.

Canadian Hockey League (CHL)
WNG
VAN
OTT
MTL
CGY
QUE
TOR
EDM
The National Hockey League (NHL)
NYR
PHI
DET
CHI
BOS
MIN
WASH
PITT

The championship match up is Canada v US every year. The whole nation will follow it because of the patriotism involved.

Cap Rules:

For a player on a team located in their home country;

Drafted by that team:

Will not count towards the salary cap.

Not drafted by that team:

The cap hit is equal to their salary divided by two.

(Example: Joe Smith who was born in Canada, plays for Toronto and makes 5 million a year. His cap hit is 2.5 million)

All teams will have a cap of 20-30 million dollars to sign Free Agents. This keeps rich franchises like Toronto and NYR from buying players from poorer franchises.