Updating Blueshirt Banter's Community Guidelines

LAS VEGAS, NV - JUNE 20: Head Coach John Tortorella and Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers arrive before the 2012 NHL Awards at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas on June 20, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

I don't know if any of you noticed, but it's been a full year since I officially took over Blueshirt Banter. I know, I know, it's exciting!

Essentially, it's been a remarkable year. The site has broken pretty much every single traffic record it ever owned before these past 12 months. The site has grown on a year-to-year basis for 12-straight months (the first time that's ever happened), we saw two months with 100% growth (the first time that's ever happened), we've saw a huge influx from social media and direct traffic, we'll be getting our 10,000,000th view before the season starts and we have over 4,000 registered members with well more than triple that number in lurkers (seriously, guys, what are you waiting for?).

The site is moving in the right direction. You guys are a big part of that, so is the writing staff here at the Banter. Which is why the other week we had a little meeting (yes, we do that) and came up with a good idea as an improvement the site sorely needed. An updated community guidelines. You can find the entire thing right here, and if you're wondering what it is, it's simple. The community guidelines is just a more in-depth article on the "rules of the road" here at Blueshirt Banter. It should help with any questions any of you guys have with the way things are run here, and it should also help newcomers figure out just how to post and jump right into the community seamlessly.

You can ALWAYS find the community guidelines on the widget to the left, right above team's record. If you ever have any questions, you can e-mail me at Joe@Blueshirtbanter.com.

Thanks for all you guys do, it makes the site go round!