2012 NHL Rumors: Shane Doan Reportedly Meeting With The Rangers Today

GLENDALE, AZ - MAY 22: Shane Doan #19 of the Phoenix Coyotes moves the puck in the second period while taking on the Los Angeles Kings in Game Five of the Western Conference Final during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Jobing.com Arena on May 22, 2012 in Phoenix, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

Things have begun to heat up on the Shane Doan front once again, and according to Arizona Sports, the Phoenix Coyotes captain will be meeting with the New York Rangers today. The Rangers have been showing some serious interest in Doan, and would love to bring the 35-year-old to Broadway. There were also a lot of rumors spreading that the Rangers have sent an offer to Shane Doan but at the moment, those rumors are still unconfirmed.

For Doan, this will be his first official visit of free agency, and it will be in New York. Doan and his agent have spent the last two weeks gauging interest from teams, and fielding the offers he has received. It has been reported that the Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks, Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings, and Buffalo Sabres all have offers on the table for Doan.

With the Phoenix ownership issues still up in the air, it appears that Shane Doans wants to make a decision, and make one soon. Doan stated that he wants to make a decision as soon as possible, so him and his family can settle in. But for right now, Doan is in New York as we speak, and the Rangers will likely make every effort to bring him in for next season.