FanPost

Sather Did Something! (Casey Wellman traded)

Press release in its entirety on the FLA Panthers website - here (Florida Panthers site).

He was acquired from the Minnesota Wild in February, 2012 in exchange for Erik Christensen and a conditional seventh round pick in 2013.

Today he was traded for a 2014 fifth round pick. Movin' up ! ;-)

Partial text of the release:

SUNRISE – Florida Panthers Executive VP & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has acquired C Casey Wellman from the New York Rangers in exchange for Florida’s fifth round selection in the 2014 National Hockey League Entry Draft.

“Casey is a young, highly skilled forward who adds more depth to our team,” said Tallon. “He can play both center and right wing and we feel he has the ability to play in a top line role within our team. We look forward to his contributions to our club.”