Rick Nash Trade: Rick Nash Being Dealt To The New York Rangers

UNIONDALE NY - NOVEMBER 24: Rick Nash #61 of the Columbus Blue Jackets is stopped by Rick DiPietro #39 of the New York Islanders at the Nassau Coliseum on November 24 2010 in Uniondale New York. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Well, the anticipated trade of this offseason is moments away from being completed. Rick Nash is officially coming to the New York Rangers. According to Darren Dreger, the details are still being worked out, and that there will be multiple players involved in the deal.

The Philadelphia Flyers offer sheet to Shea Weber likely sped up the process between the Columbus Blue Jackets and the New York Rangers. But as of right now, we really can't say this is a good deal for the Rangers, as names have yet to be announced. Depending on what the Rangers actually give up, this makes them significantly stronger going into next season, now that they have another top gun.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Sather likely got a fair price for Nash, otherwise he wouldn't have pulled the trigger this quickly. I highly doubt Sather cracked and included guys like Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh, Chris Kreider, or anyone of that nature. Time will tell, we will have an update post when we get confirmed information.