Rick Nash Trade: Details Regarding The Rick Nash Deal To The New York Rangers

LOS ANGELES CA - NOVEMBER 17: Rick Nash #61 of the Columbus Blue Jackets celebrates his goal to take a 4-3 lead over the Los Angeles Kings during the third period at the Staples Center on November 17 2010 in Los Angeles California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

Details are beginning to come in regarding the deal which will send Rick Nash to the New York Rangers. According to Darren Dreger the pieces of the deal include Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon, and a 1st round draft pick. The Rangers will also be getting a 3rd-round draft pick, and a minor league defenseman, due to Columbus hitting the 50-contract mark. All of this is still pending a trade call, which is currently taking place.

That's an absolutely steal on Glen Sather's part. Sather played the waiting game, and it absolutely paid off in the end. The fact that Sather was able to complete a deal without including Stepan, McDonagh, or Kreider, is easily a win-win for the Rangers. The top-six for the Rangers looks pretty lethal with Rick Nash being added to the likes of Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, and Ryan Callahan/Carl Hagelin.

A lot of people are worried about Nash's contract, and how it will impact the Rangers future. Looking at it, the combined salaries of Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon total up to $7.825. So it basically washes out the Nash contract, in terms of cap hit.