FanPost

A quick look at Nash versus Dubi/Ani

Below I did a quick analysis of Rick Nash’s career numbers versus Dubinsky and Anisimov. The conclusion is that the New York Rangers are now paying 1.7 million more per year for one player that will produce 2.8 more goals than the other two combined, but will give up almost 19 more goals per season.

On its face this would appear to greatly weaken a defensive team’s defense while minimally improving the offense. Both Dubinsky and Anisimov were key penalty killers for New York. Who wll fill those roles? Adding to this seeming lack of decent depth Sather also has to sub for Gaborik while he is injured and out until late November.

The real question is who can NY add to the lineup since two starters are now gone. If they can add Shane Doan, he will greatly improve their team. However, if they cannot, then I fear Sather just weakened the team.

Below the analysis is what I think the lines will look like with Nash. Thoughts?

Goals Per Game

Points Per Game

+/- per Game

Salary