FanPost

"Killer Instinct?"

Alright guys, Nash is here. Lets have a talk.

I was talking to my old man about the Rangers last playoff run. I was speculating on why they lost to a much inferior team in New Jersey. I said what everyone else was saying, fatigue, lack of motivation outside of "do-or-die games", yata yata yata. Thats when my dad suggested his theory on the lacking of a "killer instinct''. He says the Rangers still had remaining feelings of the old "loser" Rangers. They thought as a team that was caught by just as much surprise as their fans at their success. But when it came to the playoffs, they didn't play as a confident team, as they did in the season. They didn't FEEL they had a real shot at winning. And as confident as i was going into the playoffs, after the Ottawa series i was convinced they didn't have what it took. They didn't have a winning mentality.They still had a piece missing.

But does Nash change all that? Is he the piece we're looking for? Will this not only add to the offense, but fire everyone else up to play like true champions? Honestly, i still think we need a quarterbacking defense man. Maybe MDZ will cover that role. Maybe we can re-sign Leetch. Who know? What do you guys think?