2012 Preseason: New York Rangers Announce Preseason Schedule

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 23: Martin Brodeur #30 of the New Jersey Devils removes the puck from the goal after the New York Rangers scored in the first period during a preseason game at Madison Square Garden on September 23 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers announced their 2012 preseason schedule today, which will have the Blueshirts playing a total of six games, and two of which, will be in non-NHL arena's. The preseason schedule will open with two back-to-back games against the New Jersey Devils, where one game will be played in Albany, NY, home of the AHL's Albany Devils. The Rangers will than head back to Newark, NJ to face the Devils again, before visiting the Philadelphia Flyers, and the New York Islanders in their respective arena's.

Following their east coast preseason games, the Rangers will head out west to visit the Colorado Avalanche in Kansas City, followed by their final game against the defending Stanley Cup Champions, Los Angeles Kings. The Rangers will remain in Los Angeles, where they will open their 2012-2013 season against the Kings, just four days later.

Training camp for the New York Rangers will open on Friday, September 21st, barring any CBA delays, and all players will report to the MSG training facility to begin their season. Follow after the jump for the full preseason schedule.

Date Opponent Location Time (EDT)
Wed, 9/26 New Jersey Devils Albany, NY 7:00 PM
Fri, 9/28 New Jersey Devils Newark, NJ 7:00 PM
Sat, 9/29 Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia, PA 7:00 PM
Thur, 10/4 New York Islanders Uniondale, NY 7:00 PM
Sat, 10/6 Colorado Avalanche Kansas City, MO 8:00 PM
Mon ,10/8 Los Angeles Kings Los Angeles, Calif 10:30 PM
SB Nation Featured Video