Rick Nash Trade: Rick Nash Excited To Be A New York Ranger

COLUMBUS,OH - October 15: Rick Nash #61 of the Columbus Blue Jackets makes his way onto the ice for the pre-game skate prior to the start of the Blue Jackets home opener against the Chicago Blackhawks on October 15 2010 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus Ohio. (Photo by John Grieshop/Getty Images)

Two days after the blockbuster trade which sent Rick Nash to the New York Rangers, Nash visited New York City today for his first informal meeting with the New York Rangers organization, and the local media. With video cameras stuffed in his face and news reporters surrounding him, Nash seemed very relaxed and at ease in his new home. This is always one of the main concerns with any big star that comes to Broadway, "How will they perform under the bright lights of New York City?". Well I can tell you one thing, Nash loves every second of it.

"I think I’ll embrace it great. I think in 2010 I had the most pressure on me whatsoever with the Olympics being in our home country. I feel like hockey is truly a passion here where they expect the same of a championship-caliber team. I think they’ve done everything they can as an organization to put that together. I think pressure is a great thing if you use it in the right way."

Right from the get go, Nash is taking all of this pressure and media coverage as a blessing. This guy knows what it takes to win, and he wants to put it on full display in front of a sold out Madison Square Garden crowd. Nash also mentioned that New York was his number one priority from the start, when he requested a trade from Columbus back in February.

Follow after the jump for more.

"I always wanted to get it done, but get it done in the right way. I wanted to play somewhere where I wanted to be and this was my No. 1 priority, to be here. I'm just happy it worked out. If I had to wait all summer to come here, then I would have."

Rick Nash knew what the Rangers had to offer up, and he wanted to be a part of the journey. The fact that Nash stated he would have waited all summer if had to, in order to land in New York, speaks volumes of excitement. Speaking of excitement, Rick Nash is really looking forward to his potential line mates in Brad Richards, and Marian Gaborik. Not to mention, the fans can't wait to see those three together either, can you talk about lethal?

"Yeah it is, it’s very exciting. It’ll be fun to get into training camp and see what combinations Torts goes with but I looked at the roster, it’s amazing, you can fit anyone in at any spot and it would be fun to play with them."

In the end, Nash seems ecstatic to start another chapter in his career with the New York Rangers, and wants to help as much as he can. We would like to officially welcome Rick Nash to the New York Rangers!

Below are some of the videos courtesy of BlueshirtsUnited.com and NHL.com, from today's meeting with Rick Nash. All quotes included in this story are courtesy of Andrew Gross from The Record (N.J.)