FanPost

Trade Proposal Idea for Rick Nash

After the recent signings of Michael Haley and Aaron Asham. It would be good if we can slip Michael Rupp into whatever deal is done. To acquire a lethal talent in Rick Nash it's assumed that young talent either being Michael Del Zotto or Derek Stepan will have to be part of the trade and they're gonna demand for at least 2 or 3 players off our past season roster.

Ryan Suter has yet to be signed.

What if Rangers were to deal Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Michael Del Zotto, Michael Rupp and Christian Thomas for Rick Nash?

Would this get the deal done and is it worth it?

The combination of (Dubi, Arty, DelZ, Rupper) with saying del Zotto makes around 3.2M a season, the cap hit of those players would be 10, 775,000M - Rick Nash's 7.8M= 2, 975, 000M is what we would save.

What if we were able to bring in Ryan Suter, Jason Arnott and Peter Mueller following a trade like that? It's affordable and would make our team better.

Roster idea:

Nash- Richards- Gaborik
Kreider- Stepan- Callahan
Hagelin- Arnott- Mueller
Haley- Boyle- Asham

Newbury, any other spares

Mcdonaugh- Suter
Staal- Girardi
Erixon- Stralman

Bickel and any other spares

Lundqvist
Biron

Breakdown

Current cap space : 17,366,666M
-Dub, Arty, Delz,Rupp: 10,775,000M
Cap space would be: 28,141,666M
+Rick Nash 7.8M: 20, 341, 666M
+Ryan Suter 7M: 13,341, 666M
+ Peter Mueller 2.8M: 10,541, 666
+ Jason Arnott: 3M: 7,541,666
+ Anton Stralman 1.2M: 6,341,666M
+ Tim Erixon 1.75M: 4, 591, 666M

*if Ryan Suter signs elsewhere, Matt Carle would be a 2nd option for cheaper dollars.

4, 591, 666M left for anything else that would need to be done,

thoughts?