2012 NHL Free Agency: New York Rangers Come To Terms With Taylor Pyatt

Mar 14, 2012; Vancouver, British Columbia,CANADA; Phoenix Coyotes forward Taylor Pyatt (14) during the warmup against the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena. The Phoenix Coyotes won 5-4. Mandatory Credit: Anne-Marie Sorvin-US PRESSWIRE

As per Darren Dreger, the New York Rangers have signed forward, Taylor Pyatt to a two-year contract, that will pay him $1.55 million per season. After signing Asham, and Haley on the opening day of free agency, this is the first real move the Rangers have made thus far. Pyatt rounds out the bottom-six, which was left open by the departing John Mitchell and Brandon Prust.

There was also speculation that the Rangers were considering bringing back Ruslan Fedotenko. Now that Pyatt is in the mix, this likely spells the end of Fedotenko's career in New York. Pyatt comes in at 6-foot-4, and has a nose for the net. He has the ability to kill penalties, which likely played a big factor in the signing, as Brandon Prust has since departed to Montreal.

Pyatt is coming off his third season with the Phoenix Coyotes, where he put up totals of nine goals, 10 assists, for 19 points. Overall, this is a solid signing by the Rangers, for the price they got Pyatt for, and the style that he plays as well. He will be a good fit in Ranger blue.