FanPost

Topics other then Nash and Richie chemistry we should be thinking about

Guys I think the bigger questions should be the following:

Nash and Richie are ridiculously talented players, they will figure out a way to score together a la Gabby n Richie courtesy of Hagelin, we shouldn’t be worried. [EDIT, Thanks Prusty....]

1. Can Gabby rehabilitate in time to give us at least half a season + playoffs worth of “the real Gabby”, basically what we saw from him last season before the injury?

If you think about it we need the surgery to be a success and have Gabby go through the proper strength training. It is necessary to get his shoulder back up to its normal strength. To be productive he needs to get to the point where he isn’t afraid of getting checked into the boards. I guess we will see, it might actually be a godsend because he could potentially be fresher for the playoffs.

2. Are we one of the hardest working teams if not the hardest working team any more?

I am not sure how to answer this question, we lost a considerable chunk of players that would fit into this category. I don’t think anybody will argue with me when I say that the top 5 hardest working forwards on our team last year were in the following order from best to worst: Cally, Prust, Dubi, Feds, and Hagelin/Arty. We basically lost 4 out of the 5/6 as I had Arty tied with Hagelin for 5th.

3. Defensive Depth and Michael Sauer. What is going on?

Let’s be honest, one of the biggest reasons we lost the ECF is defensive depth, we had Bickel playing the majority of the playoffs. We can not allow that to happen again. I am going to go out on a limb and say I do not think Sauer will be playing this season, and if he does play it might be the latter portion of the season and I really doubt he is going to be playing at his potential. So what moves do we make up until the trade deadline that addresses this issue? I am not sure…