2012 NHL Rumors: Zach Parise, Ryan Suter Sign, What's Next For The New York Rangers?

June 6, 2012; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New Jersey Devils left wing Ilya Kovalchuk (17) celebrates with left wing Zach Parise (9) after scoring an empty-net goal during the third period in game four of the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals against the Los Angeles Kings at the Staples Center. The Devils won 2-1. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-US PRESSWIRE

The Zach Parise and Ryan Suter watch has officially come to an end. Both Parise and Suter have agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild, on 13-year deals. Zach Parise's deal will pay him $98 million over 13-years, while Ryan Suter will get the same exact deal as Parise. A lot of people had Parise either re-signing with the New Jersey Devils, or on his way to the Pittsburgh Penguins, while others said Ryan Suter was a lock for the Detroit Red Wings.

This definitely comes as a surprise to many, but it also makes sense for the Minnesota Wild. They were coming off a season, where at one point, they lead the Western Conference, before Mikko Koivu went down with an injury. They now have a solid core to build their team around, and will likely attract big-name free agents, in the near future as well.

With that all over with though, expect the free agent/trade market to really get going. It was said that the market was in a holding pattern, until both Suter and Parise made their decisions, which have likely held the New York Rangers out on anything big.

The Rangers now have some work to do, will it be a trade for Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan? Will they wait and try to snag Shane Doan from Phoenix? Do they go after Alexander Semin? We shall find out in the coming days.