2012 Free Agency: Ruslan Fedotenko Signs One-Year Deal With Flyers

April 16, 2012; Ottawa, ON, Canada; New York Rangers forward Ruslan Fedotenko (26) during the warmup period in game three of the 2012 Eastern Conference quarterfinals at ScotiaBank Place. Mandatory Credit: Eric Bolte-US PRESSWIRE

The New York Rangers have lost another one of their bottom-six forward to free agency, as Ruslan Fedotenko has signed a one-year contract with the Philadelphia Flyers. The deal will pay Fedotenko $1.75 million during next season, where he will likely be slotted into the Flyers bottom-six as well.

Fedotenko spent the last two seasons with the New York Rangers, were he put up a total of 45 points in 139 total games. Fedotenko was a solid two-way forward with the Rangers, and was a solider out there when it came to crunch time. While he wasn't a main standout for the Rangers, it's the little things he did, that counted the most.

With the recent addition of Taylor Pyatt, it likely spelled the end for Fedotenko's career in New York City, and today marked that rumor as official. Fedotenko will be missed by many fans, as he was a great locker room guy, and always gave 110% out on the ice.