2012 Free Agency: Anton Stralman Files For Salary Arbitration

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 07: Anton Stralman #32 of the New York Rangers celebrates with teammates on the bench after scoring a goal in the first period against Braden Holtby #70 of the Washington Capitals in Game Five of the Eastern Conference Semifinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on May 7, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers have announced that defenseman, Anton Stralman, has filed for salary arbibtration. This is good news for the Rangers, as it means Stralman will likely be returning to the Rangers next season. If Stralman makes it to arbitration, the Rangers have the option of accepting the decision of the arbitrator, or walking away from the contract (which is unlikely), in which the player will become an unrestricted free agent.

The Rangers have expressed interest in signing Stralman to a multi-year contract, which can still be agreed upon before his scheduled hearing. The same scenario happened last season when Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan agreed to multi-year deals right before their scheduled hearings.

In 53 games with the Rangers this season, Stralman was able to put up two goals, 16 assists, for a total of 18 points. Stralman really came into his own during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, where he logged a handful of minutes on the Rangers top-four defensive pairings. He also tallied three goals, and added another three assists in 20 playoffs games this season.

Follow after the jump for the full list of players filing for arbitration.

Nick Bonino - Anaheim Ducks

Jamie McGinn - Colorado Avalanche

Richard Bachman - Dallas Stars

Mark Fistric - Dallas Stars

Kyle Quincey - Detroit Red Wings

Sam Gagner - Edmonton Oilers

Kris Versteeg - Florida Panthers

Raphael Diaz - Montreal Canadiens

Sergei Kostitsyn - Nashville Predators

Mark Fayne - New Jersey Devils

Anton Stralman - New York Rangers

Kaspars Daugavins - Ottawa Senators

T.J. Oshie - St. Louis Blues

*** David Perron - St. Louis Blues (Player signed a four-year contract)

T.J. Galiardi - San Jose Sharks

Dale Weise - Vancouver Canucks