New York Rangers News: Connecticut Whale Hire Jeff Beukeboom As Assistant Coach

The New York Rangers announced that former Rangers defenseman, Jeff Beukeboom, has been named the assistant coach of the Connecticut Whale down in the American Hockey League. Beukeboom was a four-time Stanley Cup Champion, one being with the Rangers during their ever famous 1994 season.

Beukeboom spent the last three seasons as an assistant coach with the Sudbury Wovles of the Ontario Hockey League. Last season with Sudbury, Beukeboom helped the Wolves improve to a 36-26-4-2 record for a total of 78 points, which was a vast improvement of 16-points from their 2010-2011 season.

He began his coaching career in early 2003-2004, where he served as an assistant coach of the Toronto Roadrunners. He would serve the next two seasons in Toronto before becoming part owner OJHL's Lindsay Muskies. During his first season with the Whale, Beukeboom will join head coach Ken Gernander, and assistant coach Pat Boller behind the bench.