FanPost

1991 All over again

This off-season has the makings of 1991 all over again. The Rangers had a chance to trade for Jagr (with Pittsburgh at the time). Pittsburgh wanted Thomas Klouchek and Pavel Brendl, Mike York, and their first round pick (Dan Blackburn at #10). Fast forward a bit, as Jagr gets traded to Washington and the Rangers ended up with Lindros instead. I'm all for filling the system with prospects and for them to come up the ranks and play on Garden ice. But waiting to see which GM is gonna blink first, and have Nash, and Ryan traded to another team is not what this team needs. The Rangers need Nash, and they need him now. I get that Howson is working his way out of a Job, and that he is asking for way too much, but last time I checked, Klouchek, Brendl, York, and Blackburn were nothing compared to Jagr. Would we have won the cup if that trade went down, nobody will ever know. As for Nash, trading away some young talent (with the exception of Krieder, McDonough, Hagelin, and Stepan) is what it's gonna take to get him here. It's not a matter of will JT Miller, Tim Erixon, Artem Anisimov, and Brandon Dubinski be good players in the NHL, or even make in the NHL for that matter. Its a matter of will they get us the cup, and I don't think they will. There are no guarantees that Nash will either, but we saw what happened this past playoffs, and to put all that pressure on Krieder's shoulders at a young age is crazy. Nash will tudor him and make him that much better. And 1 last thing. Rumor has it, that when the Jagr trade went down, Sather was playing golf. I just hope he learns from his mistakes, and doesn't repeat 1991 all over again