FanPost

Sign Semin & Doan

The Rangers are close to winning the cup. Based on the contracts on the books, the team has a 2 year window.

I do not believe the Rangers should trade any assets for Nash or Ryan. The reason is we are so close already. Trading 15-20 goal scorers for 25-35 does not help much.

Instead, sign Semin & Doan (combined 35-50 goals, net 20-35 over last year)

Rangers have 15.8 Million in cap space with 13 forwards, 5 defensemen (with Sauer) and 2 goalies

Lets assume DelZotto gets 2.75M per year. (He is not going to get big money having 1 good year. Like Boyle)

Erixon will be 1.75M

Doan 4.0 Mil Per, Semin say gets 5.0M Per.

This still leaves 2.3 Million for another defensemen, ect. Worst case we trade a 4th liner to free up some cap room.

Cap-I do not see the cap going down without players contracts getting reduced %. Both sides agreed to the cap.

PROBLEM:This may be a 1 year solution. Doan/Semin/Dubinsky would have to be delt after 1 year to free up cap room to sign all the guys who will be UFA/RFA

LINES:

Semin-Richards-Gaborik

Kreider-Stepan-Callahan

Doan-Dubinsky-Hagelin