FanPost

Marek Hrivik

So with all the FA and Trade talk going on i figured i'd put my 2 cents in with a post. Now don't kill me on this since i can't seem to find much on Hrivik but just from playing with the Whale i liked him. I watched a few games and mainly high lights from the playoff games Conn. played in. The high lights were exactly that, high lights, but the games i saw him in Marek seem to be everywhere when he was on the ice. Now i'm all for signing someone to help us or trade (depending on who it is and whats been given up) for someone. I personally think we should see what we got when camp starts up. If anything wait till the trade deadline and pick someone up then. I'd rather use the roster spots on kids who are ready, if any, than someone who has to learn our system from scratch. I don't remember if Hrivik was given a contract or not but if he hasn't gotten one i'd like to see him get one. Even if he doesn't make the big club he'll be good for the whale. But he seemed to play well in the system which isn't much different from ours on the big club. Just some random thoughts.