USA National Junior Evaluation Camp: J.T. Miller Shines

LAKE PLACID, NY - AUGUST 08: J.T. Miller #18 of Team USA skates against Team Finland at the USA hockey junior evaluation camp at the Lake Placid Olympic Center on August 8, 2012 in Lake Placid, New York. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers made J.T. Miller their top selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Ever since then, Miller has been making the Rangers' brass smile from ear to ear. He continued this trend the past couple of weeks with the United States national junior evaluation camp.

From United States of Hockey:

J.T. Miller - The lone forward in camp with World Junior experience looked every bit the veteran in camp. Miller showed flashes of his play-making ability that helped make him the 15th overall selection by the Rangers in 2011. He has terrific speed, immense physical strength and displayed a maturity in his game that I had not seen in the past. Miller can score, but he showed terrific vision and patience. One thing I really like about Miller is that he can play at a high level at varying paces, but seemed to excel in slowing things down in the offensive zone in order to make the right play and allow things to set up a bit. As long as he's healthy, he's top-six on this club.

There are a few things there you love to see. Stuff like "excel in slowing things down in the offensive zone in order to make the right play, "immense physical strength," "terrific speed" and "displayed a maturity in his game" should have you smiling from ear to ear as well.

This kid has really stepped his game up since being drafted, and this summer has done nothing but boost his stock.

Thoughts on this guys?