Top 25 Under 25: Number 23 - Danny Hobbs

Again, no picture of Danny Hobbs, so here's Boo Nieves.

Danny Hobbs is an interesting prospect for the New York Rangers. Taken in the seventh round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Hobbs was an NCAA player with some offensive upside. Five years since he's been drafted, he's pretty much the same thing. A graduated college player with offensive upside.

Hobbs scored 12 goals and added 12 assists for 24 points in 32 Hockey East games for the University of Massachusetts.

Hobbs isn't one of the Rangers' "big name" prospects, he's just a hard working kid who keeps himself on the radar. He has a good shot, nice offensive instincts but never took the next step to truly make himself stand out among the Rangers' prospects. I'm not saying Hobbs can't crack an NHL lineup, but he has a ways to go.

There isn't much written on Hobbs in terms of scouting reviews or reports, but basically what you see is what you get. A hard working player with some upside, who has work to do.

Thoughts guys?