Bantering Points: Donald Fehr's Conference Call, AHL Eligibility, And Shane Doan

LAKE PLACID, NY - AUGUST 08: J.T. Miller #18 of Team USA skates against Team Finland at the USA hockey junior evaluation camp at the Lake Placid Olympic Center on August 8, 2012 in Lake Placid, New York. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

- During some downtime with the CBA negotiations, Donald Fehr called an unexpected press conference at 3:00 PM yesterday afternoon. Although he didn't release any new information, he did touch upon some interesting topics. Fehr noted that if there is indeed a lockout, it will mainly be on the owners this time around. While this may be true to some extent, the players are just as much at fault here as well.

. He also said that a lockout is one of the last things it will come down to, and it will be really unfortunate if it has to come to that. So to keep it simple, he earned himself, and the NHLPA some more PR points. PR points won't be getting us hockey next season, so I hope they decide to actually negotiate come next Wednesday.

Follow after the jump for more.

- While we're on the topic of a lockout, there were many questions going around about players being eligible for the AHL. Jeff Marek from Sportsnet noted that players on entry-level deals that include junior eligibility, will need to get approval from the league, in order to play in the AHL. Currently, J.T. Miller is the only player on the Rangers roster, who is on an entry-level deal, and still has his junior eligibility. However, Miller is allowed to, and will likely play in the with the Connecticut Whale regardless, because he was not drafted out of the CHL.

- Shane Doan has gone from becoming daily news, to becoming a thing of the past, and that is likely due to the CBA uncertainty. According to Don Maloney, there won't be a lot of noise going on with Shane Doan, until/when a new collective bargaining agreement is negotiated. The fact that Doan is giving the Coyotes this much leeway, and he is willing to wait, he will likely be back with the Coyotes when this is all said and done.