New York Rangers Schedule: Rangers Appear In 16 Nationally Televised Games During 2012-2013

Apr. 1, 2012; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers center Artem Anisimov (42) and right wing Ryan Callahan (24) take a shot on Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas (30) during the second period at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Debby Wong-US PRESSWIRE

The National Hockey League released its national television schedule earlier this afternoon, and the Rangers will appear sixteen different times on national TV. This includes the Rangers being featured on NBC Sports Network, NBC, and CBC. In the United States, the Rangers will appear in 12 nationally televised games, with ten of those being on NBC Sports Network, while the other two on NBC. In Canada, the Rangers will be featured four times on CBC, with two games against the Toronto Maple Leafs, and two games against the Montreal Canadiens.

The Rangers will open up their season on national television, as they pay visit to the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, when the Kings raise their banner to the rafters. The Rangers will also appear in this year's Thanksgiving Showdown game on November 23rd, against the Boston Bruins. The NHL chooses two select teams every year, to go head-to-head during the Thanksgiving holiday, and this year, the Rangers are the lucky participants.

Of course, all of this could change with a potential lockout on the horizon, but it's always nice to think positive, right? Anyways, the full television schedule will be available after the jump.

NBC Sports Network:

Date Opponent
Friday, Oct 12 @ Los Angeles Kings
Wed, Oct 17 @ New Jersey Devils