FanPost

Inside The 2012 Writers Lockout at Blueshirt Banter

Hello. I am back. For today. Well probably just for this post. Who knows. Regardless, I can't sleep, so here's a silly post!

Little did you know early in the 2012 season the writers of Blueshirt Banter decided to strike against the ruthless leadership of Joe Fortunato. Joe had writers write for the site pretending to be us, but in reality the writers were not very good at their jobs, so Joe wrote every post himself.

Among the suggested headlines by the "replacement writers" there was:

-Why Marian Gaborik's injuries are figments of his imagination

-Henrik Lundqvist- Blocking Biron from Destiny?

-Why I Agree With Something Kevin Wrote (the most ludicrous of them all)

-Rangers Take Over First in Eastern Conference, Why This Spells Disaster for My Relationship With My Girlfriend

Of course, Joe had to take over the site fully. I still do not feel like the writers, including myself, were being unreasonable. Luckily for you I still have the list of requests we had written. Follow me after the jump for it.

-(Kevin) I want $5 for every time Henrik Lundqvist makes a save.

-(Bryan) Instead of writing Bantering Points every morning I want to write Haikus about the freshly cleaned ice at MSG.

-(Dig) I want to be King. (Of what, Dig?) Just king.

-(Brandon C.) I want to change the name of the site to Brandonshirt Banter, make the logo a picture of me scoring the game winning goal in the Stanley Cup, and I want a dollar for every site view.

****

Shockingly enough, Joe rejected our requests. Still, he could not stand writing every single article himself, so we had a series of meetings in NYC to discuss possible compromises that could be made.

Luckily for us writers, Joe is not a very good debater, so instead of us getting what we wanted we agreed to write and ONLY pay him $5 per post we write! He was originally at us paying him $100 per post we write, so wow did we strike a deal!

That was the tale of the epic 2012 Writers Lockout. Hopefully this is the last we hear of lockouts.