New York Rangers News: Rangers Sign Michael St. Croix To Entry Level Deal

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 26: Andrew Yogan, drafted in the fourth round by the New York Rangers, poses for a portrait during the 2010 NHL Entry Draft at Staples Center on June 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers announced the signing of Michael St. Croix to a three-year entry level contract. It will be two-way deal, with St. Croix making $575,000 at the NHL level, along with a $270,000 signing bonus. St. Croix was taking by the Rangers in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

The 5-foot-11 Winnipeg native will be entering his fourth and final season with the Edmonton Oil Kings, of the Ontario Hockey League. Last year with the Oil Kings, St. Croix put up career numbers in goals, assists, and points with 45 goals, 60 assists, and 105 points. The Rangers have been very high on St. Croix since drafting him, mainly because he has the complete speed and scoring package.

Earlier in his career, he was known for his high scoring ability, but was never considered a complete player. Over time however, he's slowly becoming that complete package Gordie Clark thought he would be. This is another part of the Rangers future locked up, and there will likely be much more to come from the young St. Crox.

Thoughts?