New York Rangers News: Rick Nash Heading To Switzerland With Joe Thornton

March 23, 2012; Columbus, OH, USA; Columbus Blue Jackets right wing Rick Nash (61) brings the puck into the zone as Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Joni Pitkanen (25) defends at Nationwide Arena. Mandatory Credit: Greg Bartram-US PRESSWIRE

According to Katie Strang of ESPN, New York Rangers left winger Rick Nash, and San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton have both signed with HC Davos of the Swiss National League. Both Nash and Thornton played for HC Davos during the 2004-2005 lockout, and it was rumored that the two were planning to do the same this year. As per The Fourth Period, both players are expected to depart for their new team this coming week.

Many people are already looking down on Nash for this decision, but if anything, it's only for the good. Sure, the rest of the Rangers are staying in New York practicing, but they aren't playing in a game-like atmosphere. With Nash heading overseas, he'll be playing in actual games, and staying in game shape.

Nash told ESPN New York that he really wants to hit the ground running in New York, once the lockout is over and he's committed to staying in shape, and on his game. You can't fault a guy for being that committed to succeeding.