2012 NHL CBA Negotiations: Preseason Games Cancelled Through September 30th

PHILADELPHIA, PA - SEPTEMBER 26: The New York Rangers and the Philadelphia Flyers mix it up in the first period following a hit by Tom Sestito of the Flyers during an NHL preseason game at Wells Fargo Center on September 26, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The National Hockey League announced today that all preseason games through September 30th have been cancelled, due to absence of a new collective bargaining agreement. In addition, the 2012 Kraft Hockeyville preseason game, which would have taken place in Belleville, Ontario has been postponed until 2013. The old CBA expired on September 15th, 2012, and since then all NHL players have been locked out of their team facilities.

The New York Rangers were slated to play three total preseason games in September. The following games have been completely wiped from the NHL's official schedule, as if they never existed: 9/26 at New Jersey Devils (Albany), 9/28 at New Jersey Devils, and 9/29 at Philadelphia Flyers.

The NHL and NHLPA have yet to meet face-to-face since last Wednesday, but had a few phone conversations over the weekend. There have not been any official meetings planned in the near future, so don't be surprised to see the rest of the preseason schedule cancelled sometime down the road. Imagine that, we could have been watching hockey as early as next week.