Blueshirt Banter Helps Quinnipiac Hockey Fight Childhood Cancer

Hey guys,

So this is going to be a first for Blueshirt Banter. You've probably seen a couple of different hockey sites - and SB Nation sites in general - promote different fundraisers and charitable organizations over the years. To this point, we haven't done so at Blueshirt Banter.

But that will change today. As many of you know, I'm a graduate of Quinnipiac University. I still live in Connecticut, and I go to as many Quinnipiac hockey games as I can squeeze into my schedule. As of right now, it might be the only hockey I get for a while. I know some of you live in Connecticut as well, and wanted to make you all aware of a fundraiser the Quinnipiac hockey team is hosting.

On October 14th, the men's hockey team will be shaving their heads to stand in solidarity with kids fighting cancer, but more importantly, to raise money to find cures in partnership with the St. Baldrick's Foundation. You can either donate money to the players themselves or to the team in general. It doesn't matter which player you decide to sponsor, the money goes all to the same place.

If you need help choosing, you can give to my friend Mike Dalhuisen who lost his own mother to cancer when she was just 44. Mike was hoping to raise $1,000 by October 14th. He's already raised over $1,300. Cancer is a horrible thing. It's even worse when it happens to young children. So this really is a fantastic fantastic cause.

Now, I get it. The economy is tough, you might not have money to spare and you might not be able to help out. And that's OK. The only thing I ask of you guys, especially those of you living around Quinnipiac and Hamden is that you can spread the word about this.

If you can donate, even if it's just $5, you can at this link here. You can click on all the player's names, see their stories and see why the team is involved in this in the first place.

Honestly, I wouldn't do something like this if it wasn't important to me and important in general. Thank you for anything you guys can do, even if it's just spreading the word.

Any questions let me know in the comments and I'll be happy to answer them. Thanks again.

- Joe